Encrypted or unencrypted, 3D or 2D, 2K or 4K, delivered on hard drive or over the internet, Blackwater Digital Services is your source for high-quality DCPs and a truly exceptional cinema experience. Our DCPs have screened at film markets, festivals and commercial movie theaters all over the world. You can count on our experience and skill to make sure your screening is perfect.
Long gone is the ubiquity of film projection in cinema. Today, if you want to project your movie for an audience in most movie theaters, you’ll need a DCP. A DCP, or Digital Cinema Package, has replaced 35mm film projection. A DCP is cheaper to create and deliver to film festivals, film markets and cinemas, is more secure then a physical film print, and can be screened all over the world.
Why use Blackwater Digital Services for your DCP?
- It may sound overly simple, but a DCP from Blackwater Digital Services just works. Many filmmakers, especially in these do-it-yourself times, try and make DCPs using free or cheap software. The problem is that most first-timers don’t know what they don’t know. Without the necessary expertise, a solid understanding of digital cinema and a grasp of DCI compliance, it’s almost impossible to create high-quality DCPs that will play properly in movie theaters. Even if you’re able to figure out DIY DCP making, it will take you much, much longer than an experienced company, like Blackwater Digital Services. Think of it this way: if you’re having a baby, you go to the doctor. You don’t spend days or weeks reading and watching YouTube videos about prenatal care and delivery with an intention of doing it yourself, at home. Your film is your baby, so bring it to the experts — we’ll make sure it’s well taken care of.
- DCP encoding is an extremely complicated process, and there’s a whole lot that can go wrong. Those things generally don’t go wrong until the last minute, when your DCP gets to the theater. One of the worst things a filmmaker can experience is sitting through a screening of their film with bad picture or audio. Or worse — turning their audience away because there is nothing that will screen at all. Who want’s that stress and headache?Blackwater Digital Services will get it right, the first time.
- We offer turn-key encoding, servicing and distribution solutions for digital cinema. With these “set and forget” services we handle all the leg work so you can focus on other things.
- We can quickly deliver your existing DCP, or a DCP created by Blackwater Digital Services, anywhere in the world via high-speed, encrypted internet transfer. DCPs certainly aren’t small packages, but our super-fast fiber connections and experienced staff can get your DCP where it needs to go, in a couple of hours or less.
Blackwater Digital Cinema Services Include:
- Mastering in 2K, 4K, or 3D
- Encrypted or Unencrypted DCPs
- InterOP or SMPTE DCPs that play in compatible cinemas, worldwide
- Versioning and Rewrapping: adding subtitles, modifications to on-screen credits or logos, adding or removing encryption
- Subtitle services
- Quality Control Services
- Remastering: converting existing DCPs to another source
- Digital cinema servicing and distribution services (via high-speed internet transfer or on CRU/USB hard drive with)